Site Info

This website is an interactive academic tool for CEA-UNH course: International Human Rights: Universal Principles in World Politics



Instructor: Dr. Scott Blair

CEA Paris Global Campus

Spring 2011

UNH Course Code: POL 350

Credits: 3















Saturday, May 21, 2011

Reflection on Human Rights

This semester has been an interesting one for me. I have not taken a Human Rights classes before, and have not discuss the topic very much prior. I did not know that there were so many factors and aspects or that the topic was so broad. The different levels that we learn came as something new to me. I did enjoy this class and feel that it has broadened my view on the world. So many things are going on in the world that deals with human rights, in the fight for them and in the violating of them as well. It is hard to believe all that is happening in the world, and how easy my life is or how different it is to somewhere else in the world. I hope that my better understanding of human rights and the different works of organization that deal with them help me try to push for a better world in the future.

Before this class I knew of different NGOs but did not know that they were called NGOs and what their detailed purpose were. I have a better understanding of the United Nations and its works, how it does conventions to protect human rights, and how different countries are involved. I better learned about the history of the Holocaust and how it pushes human rights forward. Meeting Gilbert was a great experience that helps me better understand and see what happen to him during his life and how his life has changed. This is a good life lesson for me that I took away from meeting Gilbert. This class has been a good experience and I have learned a lot, which will help me in my future. I am glad for this class and for all that it has taught me, and I would not want to give any of this knowledge up but learn more and spread it to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment